Lead Software Engineer — Warrenville, IL
Grand River, Inc
Responsible for leading technical aspects of various Magento projects as well as the design, development and support of Magento websites.
- Architect and develop custom Magento extensions.
- Work with clients to provide custom data integrations between Magento and internal client systems.
- Create technical requirements, estimates and designs from client business requirements.
- Work with team members to provide technical direction, code reviews and general support.
- General maintenance and debugging of production Magento sites.
- Implemented company wide coding standards.
Web Application Developer — Evanston, IL
Agentis Energy, Inc
Responsible for the overall design and development of a custom web application related to energy management. Built object oriented PHP application from the ground up based on business requirements and manage ongoing design and development efforts
- Modeled, designed and implemented an object oriented PHP web application framework, based on Zend Framework, which provides a strong foundational code base and facilitates rapid application development with multiple developers in a standards based environment.
- Created solutions for data acquisition and transformation from external sources utilizing XML/SOAP and web services.
- Designed and maintain MySQL data warehouse. Setup data aggregation and summation tables via SQL queries, stored procedures and events
- Configured development, staging and production Linux servers for MySQL database and Apache web application servers in a Virtual Machine environment.
- Implemented source code version control (SVN) with coding standards checks on commits. Manage software update and data backup processes.
Independent Web Development & Consulting — Batavia, IL
Self Employed - Web Developer and Designer, Graphic Design
Work to develop custom web and e-commerce solutions for clients nationwide and locally based Chicago clients. Developed a highly customized Magento e-commerce deployment which integrates national service providers into a central network. Created custom Flash / Actionscript based application to function as the live broadcast statistical generator for the 2008 collegiate baseball Super Regionals.
Texas A&M University Athletics — College Station, TX
Responsible for the overall design, development and daily maintenance for all athletic departmental websites. Worked with department heads and coaches to create custom designs and develop integrated web solutions though the use of targeted websites, multimedia promotions, email campaigns and custom web application solutions. Also responsible for the setup and maintenance of department web and database servers within a LAMP environment.
- Updated design and migrated the main athletic website from aging Windows server to LAMP / Linux environment.
- Created a custom lottery solution for the distribution of student basketball tickets in an quick turnaround, emergency situation. The original application served as a model for a refined solution the following year which built upon the Zend Framework to speed development and standardize the development process.
- Developed the only solution in collegiate athletics to parse and format game XML statistics for web display using XSL, XSLT and XPATH.
- Worked with the athletic media rights company to maintain sponsor's web promotions, web based ads and email campaigns.
- Created multimedia promotional pieces; utilizing Flash, Actionscript, XML and PHP.
- Created Flash / Actionscript based solution to generate statistical graphic overlays for live internet video feeds.
Miribota Media Design, Corp.
Clarendon Hills, IL (4/2002 - 8/2003) College Station, TX (8/2003 - 8/2005)
Self Employed - Web Designer and Developer, Graphic Design
Worked with clients to provide customized web and print solutions to match individual client needs. Develop online product catalogs, shopping carts and reservation system with client administrative login access to perform online content updates. Perform search engine optimization utilizing site meta information and pay-per-click options. Solely developed and deployed a hosted central reservation system, allowing clients to schedule and publish classes for online purchases and internal bookings.
Inteloquence, Inc. — Geneva, IL
Responsible for the design & production of websites as well as print and rich media within a small team environment. Was heavily involved in the creation of websites from conceptualization through production. Created graphical comps, navigational solutions and initial sitemaps. Determined site file structure and naming conventions. Created site graphics, CSS, HTML templates and include files. Organized, setup and populated databases for use with ASP and PHP web applications. Developed custom product catalogs and shopping carts using PERL, ASP, and PHP server technologies to utilize text flat files, MS Access databases, and MySQL databases respectively. Maintained network and company servers. Setup and maintained 2 Redhat Linux servers to provide HTTP, PHP, MySQL database and DNS services for limited in-house hosting. Setup and maintained 1 Mac OS X Server to facilitate the Mac/Windows file sharing environment.
Inteloquence, Inc. — Geneva, IL
Facilitated in the conception, design and production of flyers, magazine advertisements and product catalogs. Responsible for the organization, design and development of multiple web sites.
International Fine Arts College — Miami, FL
Associate Degree in Commercial Art
Received Associates of Arts degree in Commercial Art, with emphasis in Graphic Design. Studies including: Advertising, Design, Typography, Illustration, Desktop Publishing, and photography.
Some experience with PERL, ASP, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple DVD Studio Pro, Maya.